Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Toddler beds...

I have been trying to get Sam to nap better using the suggestions from the "No Cry Sleep Solution" book.  Yesterday, during Jack's alleged nap, I was rocking Sammy when I heard a door slam.  Since I was the only one home, I was suspicious.  I look in the hallway and there is a nearly naked and very surprised Jack.  He climbed out of his crib.

Matthew and I have dreaded this day.  Jack is one of those kids that needs naps but likes to skip them.  So at least we could put him in his crib and let him relax.  Plus, he has little impulse control at this point.

Reluctantly, we are going to move Sammy's easy to convert to a toddler bed crib into Jack's room this weekend.  Sam will get Jack's crib.  We don't want to switch rooms because that might be a little too much change for Jack.

To try to make this change interesting/exciting for Jack, I bought him his first set of real sheets.

I bought him these: 
He's going to be so excited to sleep with "gis-es (giraffe in Jack speak), lions, and elephants.  

I thought about getting the Elmo ones, but I don't want his room to be a shrine to Elmo.  He already has enough Elmo products.


No comments:

Post a Comment