Saturday, January 7, 2012

4 Month Well Baby Visit

We had a bit of a surprise at the 4 month Well Baby Visit.

It has seemed like Sam's diapers were on the lighter side since I came back to work, but I thought that was related to his smaller size.  That makes little sense now...but hindsight is 20/20 and all.  When they weighed him, he had only gained 5 ounces in 6 weeks.  Way, way below what he should have been gaining.

That day I started taking domperidone.  I suspect my supply started decreasing when I went back to work for whatever reason.  A lactation consultant I spoke with said it may be related to my thyroid disease.  Domperidone has SAVED us!  He gained 11 ounces in one week!  His diapers are much, much heavier now.

I imagine his height measurement will increase more than expected.  I think we'll try to measure him today to see how tall he is.  He had been averaging about 75th percentile on the achon growth charts, but was down to 50th at the appointment.

Other health news...

Sam has his sleep study next week.  Hopefully we'll get good news from that.  Then we have a break in doctor appointments aside from PT until 6 months.  Whew!  So what did I do, I scheduled everyone else's appointments over the next month.  Matthew and I will be getting our eyes checked.  Jack will be seeing his allergist.   I am going to get my weird toe issue looked at.  Matthew will be getting a physical.  I am holding off on my physical until I'm neither pregnant nor nursing.

No comments:

Post a Comment