Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sick kids

Both of the boys are sick.  Sam has RSV (or something similar) and a double ear infection!  Plus he developed a fungal infection underneath his helmet.  So he's on antibiotics for his ear and an anti-fungal for his head.  He had his monthly scan to determine how the helmet was working and he had a huge improvement!  The lower part of his head improved by over 50% and the upper part was around 25%.  Part of the reason he developed the fungal infection was his helmet was getting too tight because he grew so much that first month.  I didn't realize it was getting that tight.  I feel really, really bad now.

Sam is wheezing a bit and coughing occasionally, otherwise he's doing quite well for how sick he is.

Jack has the same virus Sam has.  He had a 102.5 degree fever this morning.  He kept telling me "Mommy, I don't feel good.  Mommy, I don't feel good."  I felt so bad!  I gave him some ibuprofen and within an hour he was 75% normal Jack.  I am hoping he'll wake up feeling better in the morning.

Jack has some big news...which I will post separately!

1 comment: