Saturday, February 4, 2012

Helmet in process...

Sam had his "laser fitting" for his helmet earlier this week.  He'll have his helmet either late this next week or the week after.  He is also going to physical therapy every other week now instead of every week.

He is really doing better with his oxygen.  He seems to be okay with the cannula now.  Plus, I figured out how to get everything on him so that he wouldn't get the cannula off through his proven method of rolling on his face and moving his face up and down until it came out.

Once we get over the helmet bump, we should be done with new things for awhile.  Matt and I will be able to breathe a bit of a sigh of relief.  We've had a very difficult two months or so, between Sam rolling over and having to wean the swaddle, then the oxygen, then he gave up his pacifier, and now the helmet.  Jack contributed as well with his jumping out of his crib and attendant toddler bed transition.  I haven't had a weekend off in six weeks.  I have my first one off mid-February then have a stretch of weekends off for 4 or 6 weeks.  Thank goodness.  Matt and I both need time where we aren't the only parent home.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Christine. I saw that you were a follower on my blog! I just wanted to come over to yours and say HELLO!!! Sam is adorable! And so is Jack! Welcome to the POLP family! Thank you for stopping by my blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine! Our pediatrician decided to wait on the helmet for now. He said he's not a big fan of them bc they are a lot to handle for a young baby(Reid is 3 months). So we are going to revisit the issue next month. I'm still researching and looking into them anyways. I want it fixed but if it's better to wait a bit then I will. I did find out that insurance isn't going to cover it...bummed! Hope everything starts to settle down in your world as y'all get on a new routine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jennifer: That sounds about right. Our PT doesn't usually refer until six months. Hopefully Reid's head improves before then. Sam's was just not getting better on it's own. Our insurance covered the helmet 70%. So we had to pay $800. Sam's head measured 12mms different from the flat side versus the other side...so it was pretty significant.

    @Lyla: Hello! Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete